How to create a cartoon effect – Opencv with Python
We’re going to see in this video how to create a cartoon effect.
A cartoon has 2 important charateristics:
- Really clear edges
- Homogeneus colours
Starting from an original image taken with a camera we’re going to give to it a cartoon effect keeping in mind these 2 charateristics.
import cv2 import numpy as np img = cv2.imread("adventure.jpeg") # 1) Edges gray = cv2.cvtColor(img, cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY) gray = cv2.medianBlur(gray, 5) edges = cv2.adaptiveThreshold(gray, 255, cv2.ADAPTIVE_THRESH_MEAN_C, cv2.THRESH_BINARY, 9, 9) # 2) Color color = cv2.bilateralFilter(img, 9, 300, 300) # 3) Cartoon cartoon = cv2.bitwise_and(color, color, mask=edges) cv2.imshow("Image", img) cv2.imshow("Cartoon", cartoon) cv2.imshow("color", color) cv2.imshow("edges", edges) cv2.waitKey(0) cv2.destroyAllWindows()
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Find and Draw Contours – OpenCV 3.4 with python 3 Tutorial 19
- Simple shape detection – Opencv with Python 3
- Feature detection (SIFT, SURF, OBR) – OpenCV 3.4 with python 3 Tutorial 25
- Check if two images are equal with Opencv and Python
- Lines detection with Hough Transform – OpenCV 3.4 with python 3 Tutorial 21